30+ file formats; 4 viewing modalities; only 1 viewer
Image analysis capabilities
PMA.start runs on top of PMA.core.lite, which serves as a tile server.
Automatic image processing workflows through our open API
Convenient image analysis experiments with our and ImageJ- and QuPath-plugins
Utilizing our powerful webservice API and language-specific SDKs you can automate your image analysis workflows via scripting and use any image processing library you want.
Value proposition and key features
What do you get when you install PMA.start?
PMA.start is a free web based whole slide image viewer that:
- is lightweight and zero footprint
- interacts with a locally installed instance of PMA.core.lite
- efficiently allows navigation of giga-pixel imaging data
- can visualize brightfield, fluorescent and Z-stacking data
- allows channel-selection for fluorescent imaging data
A locally installed server application, built using Microsoft .Net framework, that:
- allows you to navigate whole slide imaging data on your hard disk efficiently
- abstracts multi-file file formats for your convenience
- exposes an application programming interface (API) for image analysis
- runs on .Net Mono; no administratrive privileges needed
A free command-line tool to convert any whole slide image to DICOM-compatible storage containers.
More information about our Dicomizer tool can be found at our RealData blog.